Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 28, 2007

There's No Easy Way to Say This

I went in today for an ultrasound, and they couldn't find a heartbeat. After several tests and ultrasounds, we found out that our baby stopped growing 4 weeks ago.

I'm terribly sorry for everyone having to find out like this... it's just not a phone call I want to make 25 times. Crappy news isn't as fun to share.

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and well-wishes. We're doing fine. We'll post more as the weeks pass, I'm sure.

We're not giving up!

5 comments:

mnmojoe said...

Julie and I send our sympathies. We look forward to the joy that your second child will bring you and we celebrate the joy your first child is finding in his Father's arms. Let us know if we can do anything to ease your pain.

Love -
Joe and Julie

Terri and Mark said...

Your an amazing woman Bets. We love you both so very much!

Anonymous said...

The great-grandparents are all crowded around oohing and aahing and welcoming this little one to the eternity we all will share someday. We'll miss not meeting this baby on this side, but we have hope that God has their brother or sister already in the assembly line!

Deann said...

Betsy and Martin- I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am glad to hear you are not giving up. God is good and gives us the desires of our hearts!! We love you!

Matt Barrett said...

Sorry, I'm a little slow at reading blogs lately so I'm a week or so behind on this comment, but I still wanted to tell you both how sorry I am.

There aren't any words that anyone can say that will make things better - just time. But I still want you to know I love you both and this isn't an easy path to walk right now, but it's quite obvious that your surrounded by lots of people that want to walk with you and help you in any way they can.