Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 17, 2008

Shopping Time!

So, I'm finally showing (I know... where are the pictures? We lost our camera!), and have been shopping little by little for maternity clothes. I'm generally a very CHEAP shopper, and I can't see paying $40-50 for pants, when I don't pay more than $25 for "real" jeans. I've kind of exhausted the local Ross stores meager maternity sections for pants, which are all denim or super-relaxed lounge pants.

On the positive side, there are some really cute styles of shirts right now that work for maternity, even if they're not. I'm loving the freedom to wear baggier shirts and not worry that I look pregnant. :)

So, ladies, where have you found great deals on maternity clothes, particularly pants? I haven't tried the maternity stores, just because I assume the prices will be higher there.

Any good tips?

5 comments:

Happily Ever After said...

I LOVE Ross -- check out my post all about Ross "Fun At The Department Store"

Happily Ever After said...

And for tips -- I heard from a lady I work with she found tons of maternity clothes on Craigs List --I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with that

Anonymous said...

Hey Betsy,

I bought 3 pairs of pants from Aeropostle' I paid 16.50 for each pair. Two pair of jeans in a wider leg fit and one pair of khakis in the same fit. I just bought up a couple of sizes and so far they have worked great for me. I love that they work for maternity pants without looking like maternity pants. There clothes are usually pretty cheap...if you guys have one of those stores in AZ, if not you can always shop there online!

Denise

Terra said...

A girl at work found a good deal at Target last week.

Matt Barrett said...

Baby names - everytime someone has this conversation I can't get tha Saturday Night Live skit out of my head with Nicholas Cage... "It's pronounces Az WEE Pay"
Looked for the video online, but couldn't fine it. Sorry if you haven't seen it.